This story was reported by the Beacon Project, a student journalism initiative supported by the University of Southern California Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism to report on USC. It is independent of the university’s administration. Mark Schoofs, one of the project’s founders, is also an adviser to BuzzFeed News.
- An Alaskan Women’s Shelter Is Sued for Turning Away a ‘Man in a Nightgown’ It was a cold Friday night in January when Sherrie Laurie, director of the Hope Center — a Christian homeless shelter in downtown […]
- Man Saves Black Bear From Drowning A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) biologist pulled off a daring rescue off the Panhandle -- that of a […]
- Dog Runs Towards Soldier At Airport, Leaving Innocent Bystanders Speechless Dogs have long been called man’s best friend and, for U.S. Army Specialist Vance McFarland, this became true when he was deployed in […]
- Todrick Hall Says People Don’t Realize That Taylor Swift’s LGBT Support Is A Huge Deal Todrick Hall praised his friend Taylor Swift on Friday, saying people don’t realize what a huge deal it was for her to speak out in […]
- This Woman Got A Huge Raise And Paid Off Her Student Loans By Asking The “Over/Under” Question Do you know that feeling of jumping into a metallic, purple catsuit to express your joy through interpretive dance with two backup dancers […]
- 25 Best Things You Can do in Australia Australia is such an enormous country that it offers tourists a lot of things to do, see, feel, and experience. Millions of people visit […]
- 7 taboos you should remember when staying at a hotel to avoid bringing bad luck to yourself The hotel rarely runs out of rooms, so avoid yourself at the end of the room, you should choose a room near the aisle or elevator. The […]